Lead Engineer - Elasticsearch
Gapstars is a Netherlands and Sri Lanka based software development services provider for innovative tech companies. Today, we are home to 100+ techstars and innovative minds turning scalable software into performance products shaping the future. Our partners are highly ambitious tech companies that are looking to conquer their respective markets.
At Gapstars, our goal is to fuel growth for highly ambitious tech companies with world-class tech talent. If you are an experienced and ambitious Senior Software Engineer with strong programming fundamentals and the ability to adopt new frameworks as needed we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to architect, develop and release user-facing features and ensure the quality of our product continues to serve the needs of our tens of millions of users.
Join Top Ambitious Developers
We hire only top developers with a knack for clean code, product-first mindset, and great communication skills. Our people love fulfilling their passion at Gapstars and the Great Place to Work Institute ranks us in the top 10. Want to join the team?
- Perform as the subject matter expert for Elasticsearch architecture, performance and scalability
- Identify and prevent points of failure anywhere in the search ecosystem
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to ensure our ability to trace, track, configure, deploy, rollback, recover and reuse
- Design and develop large-scale data ingest and indexing
- Diagnose and optimize slow queries
- Peer review design proposals and perform code reviews
- Code using Python, shell scripts, Java and others as applicable
- Participate in incident diagnosis and prevention
- Research, recommend and collaborate to improve processes and tooling with respect to our Elastic-based systems as appropriate
- Mentor others, share knowledge, present analyses and technical topics
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years experience with Elasticsearch in a senior position
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and knowledge of DevOps concepts
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of programming skills and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in continuous integration and deployment tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Grunt, RunDeck, Ansible, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus across teams and stakeholders
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design, implementation, and operations
- Open to learning new technologies
- Flexible work times to enable working with team members in other time zones